Monday, March 21, 2016

Apartments and Prayers


We took a reallllly last minute trip to St George last week to figure out our apartment situation. It's SO hard to find anywhere decent to live in St. George through the internet so when we happened to stumble upon a certain neighborhood with the cutest little town homes we got to work. I think I've called the landlord over 10 times (I'm not being annoying I promise.. well at least I hope not!) and have been very persistent. Before we knew it, the Landlord was telling us he needed to meet us in person and have us go over all the paper work in his office. We didn't even hesitate thinking about driving the long 7 hour drive from Rexburg as soon as possible. We want this place that much. 


When we finally got into St. George we quickly drove around the neighborhood to see everything in person. It's seriously perfect. The town homes are right next to the Virgin River and Paul had a little hay day when he saw how perfect the water was for skim boarding. It's even located next to a Dinosaur Museum for goodness sake! But it's not just the town home or the location or the landlord (Or the dinos) that is pretty perfect... The price is just what we need to get started in St George. I don't know if you've seen the prices for apartments these days but sheesh... 

So we met with the Landlord and felt like he really liked us. He gave us (A LOT) of hope that we would be able to move in the first of April. The Landlord had to check just a few final things and said he would let us know when everything was taken care of. We left feeling suuuper good and suuuuper excited to move in. 

So here we are back in Rexburg, a week later, and as anxious as ever. We haven't heard much of anything and I'm seriously dying and so stressed that we won't get in for some reason. I keep telling myself that there is no way we will not get it! But it's still so hard! It's taken a huge leap of faith to make the (scary) decision to leave home town and move to St. George where we know nothing. 

Since Paul and I have been married I KNOW without a doubt that our Heavenly Father has been mindful of where we have lived. We have been so blessed with each living space we've had. I know know know Heavenly Father will answer our prayers whether it be through this particular place or somewhere else (although I am really really praying that it's in God's favor that it's this place). Through this whole process the words "I'll go where you want me to go" have been on repeat. Through faith, Paul and I will be directed to go where he wants us to go and I'll be happy wherever that be. 

(So yeah. But let's still pray hard it's this particular place. :)) 



No comments:

Post a Comment