Sunday, February 21, 2016

Beef and cheese, toots, and primary

When I think about moving I get sad about only a couple things, one of those things being leaving our great ward and callings. We have the best calling in the whole ward. Here's some pretty awesome moments we've had so far. 


Little girl leans over during sharing time and whispers-"My dad told me that Jesus is made of beef and cheese"

Me- "Jesus is always watching over us!"
Little boy- "alllllllways watchinnggg" (Monsters Inc. reference)

Little girl in other class- "I got four starbursts for being bad today!"
Me- "What? That doesn't make sense."
Little girl in other class- "Yeah, I was bad and I still got four starbursts!"

Little girls starts to pray- "We're grateful for Primary. Please bless me that I'll kiss Gus on the lips"
Me- "No no no start over that's inappropriate"



While trying to have a spiritual moment during the lesson one little girl lets out the most ginormous man toot I've ever heard. Everyone dies laughing. The spiritual moment is gone forever.

Speaking of toots.. Those classrooms we teach in are small and congested and everyone is usually pretty crammed (There's only 6 of us) but we almost ALWAYS have to open the window because the smell that comes from these stinkers  beautiful little angels makes my eyes literally burn! And they are totally proud of their man toots!

After giving a really good lesson on faith and feeling pretty good about how it went, Paul and I stepped out in the hall to make sure the kids got to their parents okay. I over hear a conversation between a little boy in my class and his mom.
Mom of little boy- "What did you learn about today?"
Little boy- "Martin Luther King!"
Yeah, no. That's not what we learned about haha.

Primary Chorister- "Okay children, I want you to sing as loud as you can!"
Little sunbeam girl automatically plugs her ears with her fingers.




One Sunday my patience was gone so I made them take an oath that they would behave in Primary and for their leaders. One little girl shouts out, "We need to put in our oath- no more tooting!" Why is it that we have to talk about gas every Sunday?!

A little boy was super sad in sharing time and didn't want to draw.
I asked him-"why aren't you drawing like the rest of the kids?"
Little boy- "I quit drawing. Drawing is just not one of my talents"

During Sacrament meeting I looked up to see a little boy we had last year staring at me. He then proceeded to use sign language to communicate with me from across the chapel. I had to google how to spell "Hello" in sign language to answer him back.

Me during lesson- "What could we do if we woke up in the night feeling scared or frightened?"
Little boy- "I would grab my wooden sword and run to my parents room!"

Primary leader in sharing time- "How do we know the scriptures are true?"
Little girl- "By taking a shower and eating lunch!"

We're in sharing time and it was the first sunday the sunbeams were there. One little girl must have been bored because she began taking one article of clothing off at a time until she was almost naked.



We love these kids. I'd be happy if we had this calling forever.

1 comment:

  1. You will always be grateful that you wrote these things down - priceless!

    ReplyDelete