Wednesday, April 13, 2016

This Turned Into a Critter Ramble

I can't believe how fast we got our home put together! It only took us a couple days to clean, unpack, and semi decorate the kitchen and living room. I am loving the open-ness of this place and how white the walls are (I love white walls). Everything is so clean and the breeze coming through the windows is so nice. I've squashed two spiders since living here which is nothing compared to our last place. I haven't seen one hobo here, woohoo! Hobo Spiders that is. I've seen a few real hobos actually. Anyways I consider myself a real spider squasher pro now. As long as they aren't speedy and they don't try to fly in my hair or something.

Speaking of gross crawling things, St. George has these sick, siiiiiiiiiiiiickkkk giant old man bugs. They literally look like old grandpas to me but not the cute kind. I can't squish those because they make this horrible crunchy noise and it triggers my gag reflex. I've found two in the garage and one outside. Paul takes care of those while I shut my eyes and plug my ears. Oh I found the biggest roly poly I've ever seen this morning in the garage too! I didn't squish it but picked it up between two pieces of cardboard and let him go far away from the house. I'm all about saving the cute bugs.


I'm still getting used to the little lizards that run around. I'm scared I'm going to find one in the house one of these days and then who knows what I'll do! Paul works all day so if that happens I will most definitely be calling our nice maintenance guy to come take care of the situation. It's not that I think they will hurt me, I just know that if I try to catch the thing it will get caught in my hair or something and then I'd probably end up smashing it and hurting myself while doing so. Or worse, have it get in my mouth somehow. (Have you seen parent trap? Yeah, I'm not about to go down that route) Better to let someone else with short hair deal with it.

This post was meant to be a little update on everything but just turned into critter ramblings. Which is totally fine, I need to release my critter stress somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment